What We Do
Mental Health Recovery Coaching
Our recovery coach Melanie has a lived experience while Annette holds a Mental Health qualification.
Support Co-ordinators are there to work with NDIS participants to:
Why Choose Us?
- Understand you
- Include you in all decisions
- Think outside the box
- Be open and honest
- Be reliable
Be with you in the driver seat planning what support coordination looks like for you to ensure that you get the best possible value for the funds
Before starting Nexus I worked for a community organization for 10 years within the Skilling and Training and Supported Accommodation departments. This is where I gained my Certificate IV in Community Services. I started working as a hands-on facilitator, working my way to an Operations Manager with services spanning across Ballina, Gold Coast and Ipswich. I worked together with many customers and their families to firstly prepare for the NDIS and then implement their plan.
I understand the importance of being a good listener and understanding your wants, desires, needs and frustrations. I am passionate and dedicated to delivering a quality, personal service that will enable you to maximise your NDIS funding. Together, we can think creatively and look beyond the standard available services, focusing on supporting you to build your skills and direct your life.
I look forward to talking with you.
Or click here to request a call back
I will work with you and other significant people in your life to explore and develop a shared understanding of what recovery means for you and to assist you with the design of that journey. This can be an open design to support and explore any changes that you make along your way. We can break down any barriers, celebrate your wins and work out how best to miss those potholes!
I can, with my understanding and knowledge of the NDIS, support you to become an active participant of the NDIS and assist you to achieve an NDIS plan that acknowledges and supports your personal recovery journey.
As your own personal recovery coach, I will work with you at your pace to:
- Navigate the NDIS with you.
- Support and assist you to engage services and supports with your NDIS funds.
- Support and assist you to understand your NDIS plan and how to make best use of the funds.
- Acknowledge and respect on how you wish to receive your support and services.
- Work with you to recognise quality services and supports.
- Recognise your human rights and assist with capacity for self-advocacy.
- Assist you with any service agreements, making sure they meet your preference and expectations.
- Provide timely comprehensive reports for the NDIS.
- Assist and support you with mainstream services and supports.
I look forward to meeting with you soon.
I have delivered training for 13 years on Human Rights for People with Disabilites, presented at 3 National Conferences; Human Rights versus Restrictive Practice; Disability, Housing and Forced Co-tenancy and Strengths Based Supervision.
I bring to you my commitment to forming a co-creative relationship with you guided by what is important to you in your life and how your NDIS plan, community and others can assist you to make that happen. I have a breadth of understanding and knowledge of the NDIS and I am very passionate to explore the possibilities it represents.
Just some of the things that we can do together:
Reflect, plan and prioritise;
- Work through new possibilities;
- Vision build together on what is a good life for you;
- Link to others, community, supports and services;
- Increase the natural circle of your support;
- Have a deep understanding of what is important and what makes sense to you;
- Value and acknowledge what success looks like for you.
What value can I add for you?
Extensive knowledge and understanding of NDIS;
If you are reading this, I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you kindly.
0499 055 699
Or click here to request a call back
Get In Touch
Join Our Newsletter
Your email is safe ❤️